In 2016, the Festival took place from 25 June - 3 July across 9 days and within 7 market towns in East Lindsey.
It launched for the first time at the coastal seaside town of Mablethorpe followed by visits to Horncastle, Alford, Louth, Spilsby and Woodhall Spa, finishing with a finalé weekend in Skegness.
• 94% of visitors rated the festival as excellent/good
• 90% would return again
• 75% of attendees surveyed were local residents or day visitors, with 25% staying overnight
• 22% of audiences were visiting SO Festival for the first time
• 69% of groups who attended brought children aged 0-15
• Opportunities for participation in the Festival grew by 317%
• There were 7 new commissions created specifically for SO Festival
• SO Festival presented over 70 shows
"There is a buzz of activity, people smiling and everyone being very helpful"
"Everything is a highlight - the whole thing is excellent"
"Was great to see underused spaces like Marine Lake being brought back to life"
"SO Festival brings the community together - thank you"