Volunteer Researchers Wanted for 'Life's a BEACH'
Published 8th September 2016. Life's A Beach is a brand new theatre production by SO Festival and Black Country Touring.
We are looking for volunteer researchers to interview local people and collect their stories to inspire the creation of the show 'Life's a BEACH'. The production is in development now and will open in the Black Country and Skegness in summer 2017.
Our volunteer researchers will interview local people and record their stories and personal memories of Skegness; the stories of people who live there all year round and of the seasonal visitors. You may know someone who might have an interesting story to tell. It might be someone in your local community or your own family. If so, then we want to hear from you.
Using audio recorders the researchers will conduct between one and three interviews. They will be provided with training over a half-day, which will include an induction to the project, and time to develop skills in oral history interviewing and recording techniques.
What's in it for me?
- Receive free oral history interviewing skills training.
- Meet new people and take part in a creative project like Life's a BEACH.
Who we're looking for:
- You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer with us.
- No experience necessary, just an enthusiasm for the local history / arts / theatre and a curiosity about people.
When do we need you?
- Attend a oral history training session - Thursday 20th October 2016 2pm to 4pm (NOTE NEW TIME), The Storehouse, North Parade, Skegness, PE25 1BY
- Agree to record a minimum of one audio interview.
- Complete research by 30th November 2016
To register as a volunteer, please contact Katie-Louise Green at email@example.com or 01507 613449.
Information on project - visit Black Country Touring's website