Déda OffSite Programme - Outdoor Arts Development
Published 9th November 2016. Applications for Seed Funding and Test Bed opportunity NOW OPEN
SO Festival 2017 are pleased to announce that we will be working with Déda in the delivery of the OffSite Programme.
OffSite is the new artist development programme run by Déda to follow on from the published evaluation of On Site (2013).
The programme has been established to develop further opportunities for outdoor artists based in the region. Over its course, the programme looks to create opportunities that take regional talent to the national and international market place whilst representing Déda as a Midlands hub for Outdoor Arts Development.
The Offsite Programme will run for three years and Year 1 will focus on:
Training and development
- Four training/workshop sessions, considering a range of components that will benefit the needs of artists and producers in the region
- Work with key regional, national and international partners & funding bodies to deliver sessions
- Host a regional network that keeps the sector connected to regional, national and international activities
- Offer the opportunity to voice and discuss development needs for regional artists
- Create a network of creatives that can support each other's practice, share knowledge & continue to grow the regional outdoor arts scene
- Networking opportunities to engage with practitioners, festivals and commissioning partners in the outdoor sector
- Offer a series of small commissions to outdoor artists to continue to support the development of the sector regionally
- Offer time, space and resources needed for enable artists to flourish creatively
Test bed events
- Create a succession of events that showcase a series new outdoor productions at the 'work in progress' stage
- Open up new opportunities for audiences, commissioning partners & festival managers to engage with artists at the early stages of the work's development
Year 1 will focus on regional development with an ambition to widen the remit to include national and international work in Years 2 and 3.
Offsite Affiliate organisations
For more information about the OffSite Outdoor Arts Development Programme, please contact:
Phill HargreavesCreative Producer
Tel: 07702 755705
The first workshop will take place on Thursday 24 November: Arts Council Relationship Managers & Regional Producers talk about the "do's and don'ts" when writing a Grants for the Arts for Outdoor Arts Activity.
Stay for the official OffSite launch event from 5 - 7pm, and enjoy Joan Clevillé's 'Plan B For Utopia' from 7.30pm (tickets must be booked seperately).