Ambassador Programme 2017
Do you have a passion for arts & culture? Join the SO Festival team and be a part of something amazing in 2017.
We're on mission to make #SO17 the best year yet! SO Festival is set to return on 27th June - 2nd July 2017, visiting Spilsby, Horncastle, Alford and Mablethorpe before a finale weekend in Skegness. Do you want to be involved? We are seeking 20 Ambassadors aged 16 plus to play a vital role in the run up to and during the festival.
As an Ambassador, you will:
- Be the face of SO Festival and talk all things SO to your family, friends, groups you are connected to, residents & visitors to the area.
- Engage with our existing audiences including residents, businesses, day visitors and families on holiday.
- Explore new ways to engage with our targeted audience groups and providing high quality customer service.
- Listen to our audience's feedback and suggest ways forward.
- Be responsible for taking on specific tasks that play to your strengths and interests
- Be passionate about the arts in your local community and want to learn more about festival life and event management.
- Most importantly, we want you to have lots of fun, make new friends and ensure you get the best experience of festival life. If you can bring something to the table, we want to hear from you.
We ask that you attend a series of workshops prior to SO Festival taking place: A chance to have some fun and get creative.
Tuesday 9th May 2017, 6.30pm - 8.30pm, Spilsby Theatre (Mandatory)
Welcome on board! You will have a sneak preview and a chance to review SO Festival's programme before it goes out to the public. This session will focus on your ideas and how we can bring this festival alive. This is a sort after opportunity and a true behind the scenes look at SO Festival 2017. Join the SO Festival team and other Ambassadors to help us make this year our best yet. Not forgetting, of course, refreshments and treats will be served.
Saturday 20th May, set off at 7am (Full day - Optional)
Visit to Norfolk and Norwich Festival to watch various performances and observe their volunteer programme. http://www.nnfestival.org.uk/festival/all-events
Thursday 8th June 2017, 6.30pm - 8.30pm, Spilsby Theatre (Mandatory)
With just over two weeks until SO Festival begins, we will use this evening to get back together to see your progress. Still have that burning idea for SO Festival? It's not too late for us to support you to deliver it. We will also use this session to discuss Health and Safety at the festival, confirm roles, responsibilities and availability over the festival period. Refreshments will be served.
Wednesday 21st June 2017 (Optional)
Celebrating "National Writing Day" with workshop with Arts Reviewer (TBC) from Writing East Midlands
SO Festival Dates (Your Availability Only)
Time of performances
Tuesday 27th June 2017
6pm to 7.45pm
Wednesday 28th June 2017
6pm to 7.45pm
Thursday 29th June 2017
6pm to 7.45pm
Friday 30th June 2017
6pm to 8.45pm
Saturday 1st July 2017
1pm to 11pm
Sunday 2nd July 2017
12pm to 6pm
Thursday 13th July 2017, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, Spilsby Theatre (Mandatory)
Thank you and feedback evening. Refreshments will be served.
Please contact our SO Festival Team at email@example.com or 01507 613449 to receive an Expression of Interest form to complete and return by Friday 31st April 2017.
*Travel, training and per diems will be covered